£32,173 to £36,186
over 3 years ago
This leading UK children’s charity is recruiting for a Challenge Events Manager to join its successful event fundraising team. The post holder will be responsible for generating income by recruiting, inspiring and developing support for the organisation through sporting and challenge fundraising events.
Key duties within this role will include:
- Develop existing and new sporting and challenge events in order to generate sustainable net income through the retention and recruitment of key supporting audiences
- Prepare, implement and monitor budgets for challenge events including having responsibility for reaching financial targets as agreed and producing detailed reports and financial analysis
- Develop and deliver the challenge events portfolio to achieve the agreed fundraising targets
- To work and negotiate with external partners and event companies to deliver events and build relationships with third party organisers
- Produce and maintain a holistic and integrated marketing plan to support promotion, recruitment and engagement of new and existing supporters in order to maximise net income and build supporter numbers
- Work with the Events Coordinator to ensure effective resourcing
- To develop and maintain effective systems for the management of all event data to enable an excellent supporter experience, effective and timely monitoring or progress, as well as effective evaluation of events
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing and marketing a range of sporting and challenge events in a charity environment and an understanding of the mechanics of fundraising in this way
- Experience of project management and of managing multiple projects – including research, audience and product development
- Experience of increasing net income through using direct mail, telemarketing and digital fundraising techniques
- Line management experience is desirable
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills specifically related to income generation event management
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and networking skills, with the ability to lead and influence
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with staff, supporters, fundraisers, volunteers and corporate partners
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand and assimilate data quickly and effectively
Closing date for applications: 7th January
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP to hear about future posts, please call Alice on 020 7198 6040 or send your CV to email@example.com. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn’t always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Recruitment website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.