10 months ago
The Multi-Story Orchestra is looking to appoint a new Chair to lead its board into the next stage of the organisation's development. This is an opportunity for someone with time and willingness to get practically involved in steering the work of an innovative classical orchestra. We are currently working through a review of our organisation's structure, vision and purpose to ensure our future sustainability. Multi-Story's work to widen access to classical music has never been more important at a time where social injustices are further entrenched by COVID, and there is an opportunity for its work to become a real force for change in this field.
The role of chair will consist of:
- Chairing meetings, working with the senior management team
- Ensuring the board has effective decision-making processes in place and providing leadership that enables the board to participate effectively
- Overseeing the recruitment of new board members
- Overseeing a review of the organisation's structure and staffing, vision, mission and business plan
- Providing support and challenge to the senior management team
We are looking for someone with:
- Time and willingness to get practically involved in Multi-Story's governance
- A track record of chairing meetings
- Prior experience of serving on charity boards
- Interest/experience in Multi-Story's area of work
We are particularly interested in candidates who are female, BAME, and/or from backgrounds currently underrepresented in classical music.
The time commitment would be around a day a month, plus attending meetings 4 times a year.
We are open to discussion around the length of the initial term.
This is a voluntary and unremunerated position.
To apply please send a copy of your CV or biography and a short statement saying why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31 August, 10am. We will be holding informal interviews over zoom with candidates.