over 2 years ago
Launched in 2012, the Positive View Foundation is a unique and ambitious charity that transforms the lives of disadvantaged young people through photography and film – whilst enjoying a high profile reputation amongst UK’s arts institutions and the international professional photography community.
Our personal develop projects are currently running on the Somerleyton and Angell estates in Lambeth and will shortly be launched in Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
Positive View’s innovative and highly effective ten-week personal development programme is delivered by some of the UK’s most respected professional photographers and photography institutions. This is followed by Positive View’s “Into Work” programme delivered by our partners The Rio Ferdinand Foundation.
Our previous Chairman, Lord Palumbo, has recently retired and we are now seeking a passionate, ambitious Chair who will relish the challenge of joining us and leading our future growth - whilst transforming the lives of some of London’s most disadvantaged 16-25 year olds.
Job Title: Chair of Trustees.
Direct Reports: Board of Trustees; Founder & Chief Executive.
We are looking to recruit a real leader – a Chair with an extensive corporate and business reputation. Previous experience as a highly regarded Chair or Trustee would be welcome. It is essential that candidates understand the very real issues experienced by those living on inner London’s most dispossessed estates.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a board of eight Trustees during this early period of growth and financial success
- Facilitate the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making
- Ensure that the organization pursues its aims and objectives as defined in its governing documents, charity law, and other reforming charity regulations
- Mentoring and supporting the Positive View Founder & Chief Executive whilst encouraging future operational direction and charity growth
- Leadership whilst building and promoting the Positive View brand to new audiences
Main Responsibilities – Board of Trustees
- Lead the board of trustees in formulating and reviewing strategic plans
- Approve and chair quarterly board meeting and agendas, whilst monitoring decision making and implementation
- Liaise with the Treasurer (to be appointed to the Board) to build and maintain a healthy financial status whilst building a six-month reserve over time
- Annually review the board structure and relationships to ensure the operational strategy and plan is effectively delivered
- Assist in opening doors into corporate CSR budgets and business partnerships
Representing Positive View
- Representing Positive View as a speaker at annual public and arts events. For example: two previous major public fundraising exhibitions at Somerset House; the recent “David Beckham: The Man” exhibition and auction at Phillips galleries, Berkeley Square, London
- Comfortable networking with members of the Royal Family, establishment figures, and high net worth individuals
- A passion for the creative arts
- Creative and lateral thinking to resolve new business and commercial opportunities
- Enjoying a broad commercial network
- Leadership through a period of early growth and brand success
Visit website for more details: www.positiveview.org.uk
For more details or to apply for the role, please contact:
Founder and Chief Executive
Direct line: 020 8350 5820