7 months ago
The British Youth Council is the National Youth Council of the UK. A youth-led charity, we empower young people aged 25 and under to influence and inform the decisions that affect their lives. We support young people to get involved in their communities and democracy locally, nationally and internationally, making a difference as volunteers, campaigners, decision-makers and leaders.
We are looking for a Chair to lead our Board of Trustees through the next stage of delivering our strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead and enable the leading youth voice charity of the UK in ensuring its delivers on its commitment to empower young people to find their voice and use it for social and political change.
You'll need to:
- Be aged 25 or under on 1 October 2020
- Have demonstrable experience of charity governance, having previously sat on a Board of a charity equivalent to the British Youth Council
- Be willing and available to spend time in between meetings supporting and leading governance activities
- Be willing and available to support the Chief Executive
- Have sound, independent judgement
- Be committed to the Mission, Vision and Values of the charity
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application pack from https://www.byc.org.uk/aboutus/jobs-and-volunteering where you'll be able to find more details on the role description and person specification.