Parent's 1st Essex specialises in effective volunteering and peer support during the key life change of pregnancy, birth and becoming a parent. We are now looking for a new chair who will play an important role in building a strong local board to lead the organisation in delivering its new strategy.
What Are We Looking For?
Commitment and passion for the work and ethos of Parents 1st, with the ability to keep parents and babies at the centre of all decision making;
- Previous experience of chairing an organisation, with ability to lead discussions ensuring different perspectives are taken into consideration;
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Knowledge of legal frameworks surrounding charities and CICs and experience of leading a board of trustees/directors;
- Willingness and ability to devote time to the governance and promotion of the organisation;
- Strategic vision and successful business planning experience;
- Ability to think and act creatively, demonstrating forward thinking and good judgement;
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal and compliance duties, responsibilities and liabilities of directorship;
- Ability to lead, motivate, inspire and work effectively as a member of the board and the wider team;
- Commitment to peer support and volunteering;
- Fundraising and income generation experience;
- Willingness to engage with the wider voluntary sector and other networks.
- Ensure clarity & commitment to the vision, ethos & strategic direction, keeping the needs of parents/babies at the centre of our work;
- Set, direct & review the strategic direction & business plan;
- Set & maintain high standards of governance, compliance & financial probity, risk management & overall performance;
- Support the achievement of financial sustainability & ensuring strategic oversight of finances & resources;
- Ensure operational & financial efficiency;
- Support & line managing the CEO.
- Work with Parents 1st UK to maintain/improve the delivery of evidence based, quality peer support