about 1 year ago
Who We Are
Roman River Music (https://romanrivermusic.org.uk/) is a charity seeking to advance appreciation and enjoyment of music, to provide education support in musical areas, and to reach all sections of the community, particularly the young and disadvantaged.
We have an excellent track record of staging a high quality annual arts festival in North Essex and South Suffolk, along with other performances during the year.
Our trustees, professional team and volunteers work together to deliver:
- Artistically excellent music events
- An education outreach programme
- Support to young artists
- Unique performances to increasingly diverse and new audiences
Our current focus is on developing a long term strategy to support ongoing growth. This presents an exciting opportunity to become more effective through organisational change and development, whilst still retaining our unique and much loved character.
What We Are Looking For
An enthusiastic and positive candidate to chair the charity, with responsibilities to:
- Lead the board of trustees and the organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose
- Ensure effective relationships between trustees, staff, volunteers and external stakeholders
- Act as a spokesperson and figurehead
- Plan and prepare board meetings
- Chair board meetings, where business can be fully discussed, decisions are made, actions are assigned ownership, and all items are minuted.
- Ensure adequate support and supervision arrangements are made for staff and volunteers directly managed or reporting to the trustees
- Ensure robust succession planning for the organisation
- Willingness to lead
- Ability to strongly promote and advocate the organisation to potential donors and high level stakeholders
- A passion for music
- Strong skills of tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion
- Knowledge relevant to running a small, vibrant local charity
- Skills to run a meeting well
- Clear communication
- Knowledge of the arts world
- Knowledge of North Essex / South Suffolk, with strong networks in the region
- Understanding of private, public and third sector fundraising
A covering letter and CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th September 2020. Interviews will be held during September 2020, with final appointment being subject to full trustee approval.