6 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We have an exciting opportunity for passionate professionals to bring their skills and experience to inspire our students. ConnectionHub seeks professional or academic individuals who can give lectures or be our guest speaker or be a panelist member and help our refugee students to broaden their knowledge. We welcome applications from individuals who come from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds and are based anywhere in the world. We are looking for Entrepreneurs, University Lecture, Human Right campaigners, Gender Inequality expert, Senior Professionals, and anyone that has vast knowledge in any subject such as Business, IT, etc.
- Present a speech on education, tech, science, or humanitarianism to motivate and empower underprivileged students to grasp opportunities to pursue their dreams.
- Join in one of our hackathons as a panelist to listen to the ideas, dreams, and ambitions of budding refugee engineers, and provide feedback to help develop and encourage a next generation of humanitarian entrepreneurs.
- Take part in our virtual seminars and events that we run to complement our educational programmes and aid our students in their studies.
- Mentor a Group of refugee students during a five day hackathon.
- An entrepreneur with strong personal integrity and passion for changing lives for the better.
- Highly qualified and with 2+ years of experience in leading projects and/ or team
- A background in humanitarian crisis, gender issues, etc
- A self-starter who has founded or led a non-profit or for-profit organisation.
- Passionate about technology for human and sustainable development,
- Can commit min. 1- 2 hours and offer 1+ session per year
- Reliable, trustworthy, and professional.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please email us at email@example.com for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.