£45000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
Founded 25 years ago, Hackney Doorways provides routes out of homelessness for people in need in Hackney by working with the community to provide warmth and shelter to homeless guests and to support them in rebuilding their lives. Up until recently, the charity operated a roving winter night shelter (known as Hackney Winter Night Shelter) supported by over 700 volunteers annually. In the last year, the charity has successfully moved away from the roving night shelter model onto a static building-based model (one female only shelter and one temporary mixed gender shelter). With the current Director moving on, this is an interim opportunity (6-month fixed term contract) to lead the team and operations while the charity finds is next, permanent, Director.
Specifically, you will:
- focus on operational delivery through management of a small team of staff and resources
- ensure the continued implementation of the strategic objective to establish a year-round permanent static shelter.
- ensure continued compliance with Covid-19 restrictions and safety guidelines
- personally oversee organisational fundraising (trusts, foundations and statutory funding focus) and financial management
- sustain a good working relationship with a wide range of stakeholders (council members and officers, funders, supporters, faith and community leaders, and the local business community)
In order to be considered for this role you will have previous senior management experience in the Charity sector and experience of working with vulnerable adults (ideally, but not necessarily within the homeless sector). You will have a strong knowledge of charity governance, excellent interpersonal skills, and some experience of trusts/foundations fundraising. The shelters are operational and this is a client facing role, so while there is some flexibility for the successful candidate to work from home occasionally (up to 2 days per week), this is predominantly an office based role. The successful candidate must be able to start in post in early-December in order to hand over with the departing Director.
To apply to this fast moving role, please send through an updated CV to Matt Adams at TPP Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, contact Matt on 0207 198 6060 for a confidential discussion about the role.