West End, London
£0.00 - £17.00 per hour
11 months ago
Cause: Social Care
Role: Case Manager
Location: Queens Park- W10
Employment Type: Temporary
Salary/rate: £17 per hour
Working hours: Mon- Fri 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch)
***DBS REQUIRED*** My client an independent charity who's vision is to support all unpaid carers, are looking to recruit a temporary Case Manager. The successful candidate will be covering the permanent position and will be expected to hand over to the successful permanent candidate.
- To take the handover from their outgoing Service Manager and to brief the incoming Service Manager once they take up the post later this year
- To undertake Carers Assessments and maintain our contractual targets for service delivery in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
Managing carer service delivery
- Ensure the smooth running of the Carers Hub and any other services in allocated boroughs, including planning, assigning and overseeing work to ensure contract targets are met, and reviewing and responding to challenges, gaps or opportunities
- Carry out detailed carers assessment and support plans that address carers' needs, in line with the Care Act 2014, plus associated follow-ups and annual reviews.
- Assess carers' eligibility for financial support, e.g. Carers Personal Budgets, and make associated applications.
- Identify, and make referrals to, appropriate support services for carers. Proactively follow up referrals to ensure they are actioned.
- Support and empower carers to manage their caring role.
- Carry out casework with carers, including liaising with other agencies such as Local Authorities, NHS bodies and other voluntary organisations.
- Provide emotional support to carers at times of crisis.
- Make home visits as appropriate.
Reports and administration
- Manage a demanding level of administrative work to a high standard, including maintaining files on individual work with carers on our online database. Ensure information is recorded accurately, thoroughly, clearly and safely, in a timely manner.
- In addition to Carers Network's database, use the Local Authority's computerised system, Mosaic, to record Carers Assessments