£32k - 40k per year
about 3 years ago
This growing charity is looking for an energetic and tenacious Campaigner to join their team.
The Campaigner will support the Directors in the development and success of their campaigns. This role will involve managing the charity’s campaigns both in the UK and internationally, including budget and project management of the projects. There will be international travel to the likes of Thailand and West Africa involved within this role.
Strong experience of high-level advocacy with national governments, the EU and international bodies, and with industry is desirable; excellent communication and presentational skills and the ability to convey complex messages clearly to a variety of audiences are essential. The Campaigner will produce compelling published written reports and policy briefings to the highest standard and accuracy.
You will be representing the charity at high level meetings and developing creative and effective means to reach political, private and public sectors.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Solid experience of implementing successful advocacy and media campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of lobbying governments, international organisations and business, with demonstrable impact for environmental security and human rights
- Extensive experience writing campaign reports, briefings, and a range of written materials for publication, aimed at a diverse range of audiences
- Experience in budget management