£30288 - £37282 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client is currently recruiting for a Business Development Coordinator who will be based within their Services team. You will be responsible for coordinating business development activities to existing and potential customers, including outreach campaigns of their products and resources.
You will develop and implement the sales strategy with the support of the head of the Services team and other key internal stakeholders, with a focus on retaining existing market share, and growing their profile within some identified new markets. This is likely to include market analysis and research, rolling out supporting marketing collateral, engaging prospects over the phone, via email, and face to face.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Communications and Marketing, Campaigns, Local Impact and Development teams to develop and implement sales and engagement plans for core campaigns
- Work with the Communications and Marketing team to ensure that wider marketing and communications and engagement activity is supportive of sales and achieves retention and growth targets
- Carry out direct sales activity including face-to-face meetings, on the telephone and presenting at various forums and local and national events
- Work with the Communications and Marketing team on the production of new sales collateral and identifying new marketing channels within the education sector (online and offline)
- Coordinate staff in their engagement with existing and prospective customers to ensure sales opportunities are maximised
- Build strong working relationships with their existing customers in local authorities, schools, companies, etc. to maximize upsell opportunities
- Undertake research to support proactive identification of new opportunities to recruit customers
- Establish an integrated customer relationship plan
- Coordinate the mail-outs and emails to their customers at the start of each sales window
- Follow up with customers individually towards the end of sale periods to secure repeat orders
- Explore new income streams through both products and new target markets
- Be the first point of contact for external sales over the telephone and via email
- Report on actual and forecast income to Head of Living Streets Services (Interim)
- Work closely with the Operations Coordinator (Development) and other internal stakeholders to ensure coherent planning and resource fulfillment
- Support the delivery of other income generating activities such as school, community or workplace based fundraising initiatives
- Respond to customer queries
The successful candidate will have the following experience
Extensive experience of successfully achieving targets in a sales role.
Strong understanding of business development principles and processes
Experience of leading a project management team.
Experience of developing marketing/sales collateral for print
experience of sales orders systems