£1 per annum + Travel to London paid for
8 months ago
Opportunity to join the Management Board of the UK s most innovative social enterprise, addressing the issue of gambling harm. Voluntary position, travel to central London paid.
BETKNOWMORE UK, a unique and innovative social enterprise helping all those affected by gambling harm, is looking for new members for its Management Board. Betknowmore UK works tirelessly to raise awareness, deliver more support services and, through education, create more understanding about gambling related harm. To support the growth of our products and services, we are looking to expand the skills and experience of our Management Board.
PARTICULAR CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN AT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Commissioning services
- Experience of engagement with local/BME communities
- Experience of engagement with those experiencing gambling harm
- Local Authority/health/central Government experience
THE OBJECTIVES OF BETKNOWMORE UK ARE:
- To develop and deliver education, support and mentoring services to address issues relating to gambling harm and addiction
- To raise awareness across communities in the UK to the nature and issues concerning gambling related harm
- To provide our services with a non-judgmental, innovative and empathic approach
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
A commitment to the aims and objectives of Betknowmore UK/ Ability to contribute approximately 10 hours per month. Board meetings are generally held four times per year in central London . There will also be up to two further strategy development meetings per year.
FOR MORE DETAILS AND AN APPLICATION FORM PLEASE CONTACT:
Equality of Opportunity: We are committed to equal opportunities and we welcome applications from people living with or affected by gambling harm.