6 months ago
We are looking for a Trustee (Board Member) to play a vital role in delivering real impact and shaping the ISTD of the future by providing high quality governance. Working in close collaboration with the Chief Executive and other Board members you will actively contribute to the development of the Society's strategy.
As a Board member, you will have a proven commitment to increasing dance participation and safeguarding the reputation and values of the Society. Trustees are fully committed to address all areas of concern to ensure that the society is an equitable, diverse and inclusive organisation.
In carrying out the collective responsibilities of Council, the individual Trustee will:
- Ensure, jointly with other Trustees, that the Society acts in accordance with its governing document (Articles) and supplementary Rules and Standing Orders (RSOs) and complies with relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure proper understanding of the charitable objects of the Society, and other requirements detailed in the governing document.
- Embody the values of the Society and act at all times with honesty and integrity.
- Regularly attend and contribute to Council meetings (in line with the expectations set out in the governing document / RSOs); prepare for the meetings appropriately.
- Participate in the collective decision-making processes required of Council; make decisions in conjunction with fellow Council members which are based on the best interests of the Society and its beneficiaries.
- Consider, declare and manage conflicts of interest (actual and potential) such that personal and collective independent judgement can be demonstrated and exercised at all times.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Society's strategy through constructive challenge and offering of ideas; ensure regular monitoring to assess progress and impact.
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the Society, and that appropriate financial controls and policies are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Scrutinise the performance of the CEO (and Leadership Team) to ensure that delegations are being carried out as intended / documented, and that agreed goals and objectives are being met [this may be via the Chair].
- Devote the necessary time and effort to develop a good understanding of the Society and its activities by reading papers and participating in sub-committees, working groups and others as required.
- Safeguard the good name and values of the Society.
- Galvanise support for the mission within the wider community and own network, and act as an ambassador for the Society.
- Contribute, and respond, to an individual review of one's own role as a Charity Trustee / Companies Act Director and contribution to Council (usually undertaken with the Chair of Council, at least annually)
- Contribute, and respond, to a collective review of Council's performance, skills and effectiveness.
How to apply
To apply as a Trustee please send a letter of application and CV to email@example.com. The letter of application should summarise what you are able to bring to the role and how you meet the person specification. Successful candidates will also be required to provide details for two recent references that can evidence skills and suitability to carry out this role, (whether in an employed or voluntary capacity).
Applications Close: 7 April 2021