West London, London
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our client, a global not for profit organisation that is dedicated to the fight against blood cancer, has a unique new opportunity for an experienced team manager to join an established department that is expanding. This is a permanent role based in West London.
The purpose of your team includes the preparation and organisation of a blood donation, plus transport (UK and Internationally). As well as supporting the donors after their blood donation and facilitating donor/patient contact.
Key responsibilities for the Blood Donor Programme Team Lead:
- Line management of a team
- Setting work priorities and providing hands-on coaching
- Guidance and support to help develop their skills and experience
- Provide training and development opportunities
- Manage an ongoing caseload of blood donors
- Complete information sessions with identified donors
- Help to ensure donors are fully prepared for the blood donation
- Schedule and manage donor medical assessments
- Communicate and liaise closely with specialist courier companies
- Work closely with the UK finance team to ensure all supplier invoices are paid
- Coordinate post-donation patient and donor contact
It will be of benefit for the right candidate to have an interest or knowledge or ability to understand: medical terminology, case-note documentation, medical history documentation or similar. It is not necessarily a requirement to demonstrate significant experience as a line manager, some supervisory experience will suffice. A willingness to become acquainted with, and understand, a very specific discipline/branch of medical science would make you ideal. Skills required for this post: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening skills and a good phone manner; A high degree of sensitivity and empathy; Ability to produce high quality written reports and analyse data.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 72345DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.