over 4 years ago
Supervised: Team Manager
Evolve Housing + Support is looking for an enthusiastic Barbering, Grooming and Wellbeing Volunteer to provide a range of activities for customers living in our service for young people in Stockwell.
Activities will be varied and will include a variety of workshops and skills based groups.
The Life Skill Volunteer will:
- Provide haircuts and trims for our male customers.
- Provide tips and educate our customers on personal hygiene and personal grooming.
- Provide support in improving the our customers self-esteem and motivations.
- This role would suit you if you are:
- Organised, punctual and reliable – our customers respond to consistency
- Friendly, patient and understanding of our customers’ circumstances
- Able to encourage and motivate others
- Able to adhere to Evolve Housing + Support policies, boundaries and guidelines
- Are interested in, and committed to, making a lasting difference to lives and communities
The following skills would be preferable, but they are not essential:
- Confident in, or prior experience of, delivering group activities
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Clear and polite communication and ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Able to work on own initiative
As a volunteer with Evolve Housing + Support, you will be able to access:
- Training to prepare you for your role and raise your awareness of our client group and sector
- A full, site-specific induction
- Ongoing supervision and support from Project Staff
- Travel expenses (up to the value of £9) and lunch expenses where applicable
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, especially those who have had experience of homelessness themselves. Please complete an application form and equal opportunities form and return to: email@example.com or 8th Floor, Marco Polo House, 3-5 Lansdowne Road, CR9 1LL
This role will require a DBS Criminal Records Check and the provision of two references
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.