2 months ago
Autumn Internships at Body & Soul
Body & Soul is a charity dedicated to transforming the life-threatening effects of adverse childhood experiences. Whether someone has been neglected or abused, trafficked, attempted suicide or stigmatised because of HIV - we have helped to liberate thousands of people from the trauma that controls them. Our community provides people of all ages with a wide range of innovative and creative programmes that support physical, mental and emotional health and well-being. We have developed a 'whole person' model of care rooted in a strengths-based approach that nurtures connection, healing and growth. Through building members' protective factors, we promote and develop resiliency, interrupt latent vulnerability and transform lives.
Body & Soul internships are dynamic and exciting, providing the opportunity to become involved in areas of the charity which would normally require greater experience. Because Body & Soul is a grass-roots organisation, the opportunities to see the way a charity is run on a day to day basis are greater. Learning and development is a key element of the programme and we offer weekly 'Intern Skill and Development Classes' led by different members of the Body & Soul staff team, these classes are designed to give you a deeper insight into the workings of the third sector.
Interns are assigned to a particular area of the organisation that aligns with their interests and skills. The internship programmes in place for Autumn 2018 are:
- Programme Management - Young Adults Services Intern
- Programme Management - Youth Services Intern
- Legal, Casework & Advocacy Intern
- Partnerships & Human Resources Intern
- Communications & Advocacy Intern
- Public Health & Research Intern
We are looking for interns who…
- Are passionate about working in a community setting with vulnerable people
- Have relevant experience and qualifications to specific internship programme
- Is looking to gain work experience in the field of health/advocacy/community
- Is willing to take on responsibility
- Can commit to a minimum 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months
We are currently looking for interns for our spring programme that will run from September - November 2018. We will be holding interviews in August so if you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which internship you are interested in and we will send you over a detailed role description. The deadline for applications is Sunday 12th August 2018.