about 4 years ago
Body & Soul is a charity dedicated to transforming the impact of adverse childhood experiences, supporting people of all ages affected by early childhood trauma like abuse, neglect, violence and family disruption. Our community provides a wide range of innovative and creative programmes that support physical, mental and emotional health and well-being. We believe that people should be able to live their lives free from shame, and no one should have their life chances reduced because of traumatic experiences in their past.
Body & Soul internships are dynamic and exciting, providing the opportunity to become involved in areas of the charity which would normally require greater experience. Because Body & Soul is a grass-roots organisation, the opportunities to see the way a charity is run on a day to day basis are greater. Learning and development is a key element of the programme and we offer weekly 'Intern Skill and Development Classes' led by different members of the Body & Soul staff team, these classes are designed to give you a deeper insight into the workings of the third sector.
Interns are assigned to a particular area of the organisation that aligns with their interests and skills. The internship programmes in place are:
- Programme Management - Adults Services Intern
- Programme Management - Young Adults Services Intern
- Programme Management - Youth Services Intern
- Programme Management - Children's Services Intern
- Legal, Casework & Advocacy Intern
- Partnerships & Human Resources Intern
- Outreach, Impact & Development Intern
- Communications & Fundraising Intern
- Educational Outreach Intern
We are looking for interns who…
- Are passionate about working in a community setting with vulnerable people
- Have relevant experience and qualifications to specific internship programme
- Is looking to gain work experience in the field of health/advocacy/community
- Is willing to take on responsibility
- Can commit to a minimum 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months
We are currently looking for interns for our autumn programme that will run from 25th September - 15th December 2017. We will be holding interviews at the beginning of September so if you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which internship you are interested in and we will send you over a detailed role description. Please note that these are voluntary internships, travel and food expenses will be covered.