North East England, England
£63751.00 - £73664.00 per annum
7 months ago
TPP are proud to be working with the UK's leading end of life charity. They provide frontline nursing and hospice care, a free support line and a wealth of information and support on all aspects of dying, death and bereavement.
This role will cover North East & Yorkshire
Due to a restructure within the Caring Services team there is an exciting opportunity to recruit an Associate Director , Strategic Partnerships & Services.
This role will be at the forefront of shaping, redesigning, and delivering on future care ambitions. You will play a pivotal leadership role to improve outcomes for people at end of life, integrating patient-facing services, developing partnerships with other organisations, and building the approach to community engagement and development so that citizens are at the heart of planning and delivery of services.
Have you worked within Heath & Social Care or community development background or have you come up through the ranks of local government?
Under the direction of the Director and Deputy Directors, the Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Services takes accountability and responsibility for the charities activity across a devolved nation or regions in England within the framework set by the charity. This is a senior leadership role that is accountable for leading the review of current services and developing integrated plans for each place in the Nation / Region ready for approval. Crucially the postholder will ensure services are designed and delivered in collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders, utilizing the voice of the citizen and the lived experience of people affected by dying, death, loss and bereavement. Models of care and support will evolve organically using an asset-based approach that include workforce plans to ensure safe, effective person-centred services, and achieve agreed key performance and quality indicators, outcomes, cost improvement and recovery plans.
The Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Services is accountable and responsible for developing and leading a culture that ensures the safe, efficient and effective delivery of patient centred care and the successful implementation of transformational change that deliver tangible improvements in end of life experience as well as operational and financial efficiency.
A primary element of the role is to ensure positive relationships with external leaders and stakeholders to deliver strategic and operational priorities across the health economy, leading transformation initiatives that progress care delivery. The postholder is responsible and accountable for the delivery of operational and performance plans, the achievement of standards, and supporting the contribution (including performance), development and well-being of the individuals they directly line manage and ensuring their direct reports do the same for their teams.
Some of the Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities:
* Along with the Director and Deputy Directors, develop and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders across the system including NHS end of life leads, Commissioners, Local Authority, NHS providers, 3rd sector, patient / carer interest groups and local communities
* Develop and foster a culture of effective multi-disciplinary and partnership working both internally and externally , to deliver strategic and operational priorities
* Take a strategic leadership role in multi-agency working with a range of partners to shape integrated services across the health and social care system
Strategic Planning and Service Development
* Translate organizational strategic priorities to oversee and support the team in the development of Place Based Integrated Medium Team Plans with key stakeholders internally and externally.
* Promote a culture of continuous quality improvement using charity approved evidence-based methodologies.
* Continuously lead the review and modernisation of services to provide innovative, flexible and safe evidence-based services that are person centred and promote dignity and choice
* Provide line management and strategic direction for all clinical and operational managers and their teams.
* Accountable for the delivery of all services (clinical and non-clinical) within the portfolio in line with the charity and regulatory standards
* Accountable for managing budgets ensuring proper and effective use of resources.
* In collaboration with the Caring Services Leadership team, Deputy Directors, Business Partners and clinical and operational leads, identify and deliver efficiency & cost savings programmes, as well as cost recovery programmes and monitor the implementation of these plans and their impact on service delivery.
Strategic Workforce Leadership
* Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive workforce plans across the portfolio, ensuring that the staff delivering the services have the skills and competence to deliver excellent care.
* Promote an inclusive working culture where diversity is valued, and everyone can contribute.
* Ensure that the clinical and operational leads produce workforce plans that include future workforce modelling and succession plans that identify and support workforce talent.
If you would like to find out more please get in touch ASAP