Up to £13.64 per hour
about 3 years ago
Assistant to the Executive Office- Temporary
The Temporary Assistant to the Executive Office role is responsible for, under management of the Executive Assistant and Planning Coordinator (EA/PC), providing comprehensive, proactive and professional administrative, diary and travel support to the ED to enable the ED and their office to function as smoothly as possible. S/he will also be involved in some ad hoc project work as delegated by EA/PC.
When required the Temporary Assistant to the Executive Office is also responsible for diary and travel booking support to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and to cover for EA/PC's absences and holidays.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a busy diary, scheduling UK and International meetings and managing travel arrangements.
- Manage the day-to-day flow of information and requests received by the ED, including invitations.
- Proactively co-ordinate internal meetings - MT and other - including developing agendas, minutes and following up action points.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of intersectional and external meetings.
- Co-ordinate international travel for the ED and Executive Manager including flights, visas and accommodation.
- Support drafting of planning documents by co-ordinating the gathering and collating of information.
- Maintain effective information management systems.
- Draft correspondence and other communications, often to high-level recipients and of a complex and sensitive nature.
- Additional tasks as required, especially during busy periods (for example when there is a large emergency).
- Undertake projects as directed by the EA/PC including conducting research or organising ad hoc events.
- Experience working in a PA or administrative role in a pressurised environment requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts and information.
- Experience of successfully and professionally managing senior manager's inbox, facilitating their workload and diary, including researching and booking of international travel, visas and accommodation.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Intermediate level in the use of IT packages, e.g. Outlook email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and specialist equipment, e.g. AV/VC conferencing.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing, face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Experience of drafting correspondence and other documents on behalf of senior executive.
Role: Assistant to Executive Office
Location: Chancery Lane
Employment Type: Temporary 6-12 weeks - ASAP start
Working hours: 24 hours per week over 5 days OR full time