Up to £24.44 per hour
11 days ago
A London University are currently recruiting for an Assistant Research Finance Manager for six weeks interim cover. You will also have management responsibilities for two members of staff. The university are looking for experience in post-award grant management as well as previous line management experience.
As the Assistant Research Finance Manager, you will support the efficient management of the faculty's research and consultancy portfolio.
- Day to day administration of the faculty's research grant and consultancy portfolio.
- Responsible for the financial administration of research and consultancy awards in line with funder terms and conditions.
- Responsible for developing knowledge in areas such as systems and processes, compliance and quality assurance.
- Line management duties to support the Research Finance Officers including regular one to ones and act as a point of escalation for more complex queries.
- Support the Research Finance Manager by managing the administration processes associated with the research grant lifecycle and proactively promoting good research grant management practice aligned to School policies and procedures.
- Post award responsibilities can include activating awarded grants, authorising budget expenditure, producing research grant claims and financial statements for funders.
You will have:
- Complex grant administration/research management preferably within Higher Education.
- Financial accountancy knowledge.
- Principles and application of Full Economic Costing (FEC).
- Ability to understand and interpret complex contract documentation and funder financial terms and conditions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists and colleagues within research management.
- The ability to work with a high level of accuracy and with attention to detail.
- Experience of developing written guidelines.
- Show the ability to understand funder financial terms and conditions.
This is a six-week assignment with an immediate start. If you have the above experience and available to start straight away, this will be a fantastic role for you.
You can also work this role completely remote and the option to work in the office / campus in central London.
Please send across your updated CV to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference number J75873RD if you would like to be considered for this great opportunity.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.