£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
2 months ago
Are you a Senior Level Communications professional looking for your next role?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Director of Digital Engagement to work for one the UK's leading charities whose work helps millions of people every year who struggle on a daily basis with homelessness, bad housing conditions, soaring rents, discrimination and the threat of eviction.
They do fantastic work supporting people in their hour of need, providing practical support to those at the sharp end of the housing emergency. Above all, they're at the forefront in fighting for investment in homes that people on low incomes can afford.
As part of the new look Comms, Policy and Campaigns (CPC) Directorate, your role will be pivotal in shaping the way the charity's supporters and beneficiaries experience the organisation. You will have your finger on the pulse with new technologies and platforms, finding innovative ways to bring their mission to life and inspire people to make a difference and get things done at an exciting time of important change for the charity.
Responsibilities will include
- As Assistant Director of Digital Engagement, you will Develop and deliver the charity's digital engagement strategy, encompassing informing, campaigning, and maximising action including donations
- Create a culture of multiplatform digital innovation which helps the organisation stand out, attract more people, and ultimately deliver upon the organisation's strategy
- You will deliver great digital experiences for their audiences which lead them to take action or make a donation
- Ensure that digital touchpoints with their audiences and stakeholders - owned, shared, email - are integrated and supportive of each other
- Line manage a team, ensuring they are well-organised and working well together
- Influence the demands upon your team to ensure that the organisation is moving into the future rather than continually delivering on what is considered to have worked in the past
- Maintain a strategic overview ensuring heads of teams are prioritising work in line with strategy and the organisation is on track to achieve goals
- Promote integration with other key functions across the organisation
- Have cross cutting responsibilities such as chairing key steering and board groups
- Overtly role model the behaviours that the organisational culture requires
- Take collective responsibility for internal communication - leading on cascading communications
Your experience will include
- As the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement, you will be a digital expert with a strong track record of growing reach and impact through a mix of platforms and activities
- Experience of delivering high-impact engagement for a major brand, preferably one with a social purpose
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment with responsibility for cross organisational objectives and helping teams to reach their own goals
- Project/change management skills at a senior leadership level, including the ability to build business and benefit cases, alongside the ability to work collaborative and cooperatively to improve and sustain change outcomes
- Experience in developing and delivering high impact, cross-channel, cross-platform digital work that involves integration across multiple functions e.g., media, marketing, supporter engagement
- Experience managing senior leaders in large, complex organisations with equally large and complex audiences
- Experience of developing and delivering ambitious digital strategies across multiple platforms
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make a significant impact in the fight against poor housing and homelessness at a time where the cost-of-living squeeze begins to grip the lives of millions, a broken housing system looks more fragile than ever before.
We look forward to receiving your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.