£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Are you currently looking for a new Assistant Accountant Role? Would working for a growing Educational Charity be an inspiring career move? Would working in Central London with 30 days holiday entitlement and a strong and established finance team to support you be of interest? If so, then read on.
My client is going through some renewed growth and is looking to hire a permanent Assistant Accountant into a new role. You would be reporting into the Finance Business Partner working in a team of 6 and being responsible for all Reconciliations, the Purchase ledger, Payroll and Banking & Expenditure.
They are ideally looking for someone from an educational finance or charity finance background so preference will be given to those candidates. Should you be interested in this assistant accountant role then please see the criteria below that you would need to meet:
You would need to be at least AAT qualified or thereabouts and have experience in the following:
- Prepare monthly accounts and purchase order commitment balances up to trial balance level
- Maintain fixed data for purchase order / invoice process, maintaining user access rights, approval routes, etc as required
- Collaborating with the other assistant accountant and part-time administrator who enter all the purchase transactions for approval, organise payment runs and reconcile the purchases bank account - providing holiday cover from time to time.
- Ensure all invoices are processed promptly, including matching them to purchase orders raised and checking they are adequately authorised and coded before processing.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are raised with the correct VAT treatment
- Provide day-to-day support and training to staff in raising purchase orders
- Ensure the prompt and timely payment of all suppliers using the relevant payment method e.g. cheque, BACS
- Input and reconcile all direct payments
- Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger accounts
- Create and administer an effective credit card policy and procedure for the organisation
- Maintain Sage chart of accounts and its standard reporting
- Post all transactions onto Sage 200 except those posted directly through purchase ledger
- Create and process data uploads from other feeder systems into Sage, checking data integrity.
- Manage all aspects of ETF's banking requirements
- Review bank reconciliations (purchases and two from invoice/billing systems) when required
- Ensure that instructions to (outsourced) payroll each month are complete and accurate; and that those instructions are correctly reflected in the calculated payroll.
- In collaboration with HR, ensure monthly returns and payments are made to 3 pension providers and childcare voucher company
- Monitor/reconcile balance sheets accounts on at least a quarterly basis
- Prepare data listings and first calculation for partial-exempt VAT return (VAT group). Create adjustments VAT entries and submit authorised return. Assist in preparing for MTD.
- Along with Finance Business Partner and Director of Finance and Business Intelligence ensure financial controls are maintained and related policies are up to date.
Should you feel you have most of these skills and experience and are also in the relevant fields study wise, then please can you apply now as the role is closing on the 22nd July.