11 days ago
For 25 years, Breast Cancer Now has enjoyed a successful partnership with Asda, called Asda Tickled Pink. In April 2019, the breast cancer awareness charity CoppaFeel! joined the partnership. In the past 25 years, Tickled Pink has raised over £71 million, funding world-class research, life changing support services and championing regular boob checking education and behaviour to help change the future of breast cancer in the UK. To continue this amazing work, we need your help.
We would like to invite you to become an Asda Tickled Pink volunteer. You will build a strong relationship with your local Asda Community Champion, support them with in-store fundraising at key moments throughout the year, and engage colleagues and customers with breast awareness messaging as well as letting people know about the Tickled Pink charities, Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel!.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely with your Asda Community Champion (your key staff contact at Asda) to deliver successful in-store fundraising events. This will include helping with practical tasks, e.g., setting up, participating in, and packing down events.
- Planning a calendar of events with your Asda Community Champion, making sure you work together to get involved with all the exciting Tickled Pink campaign opportunities that will be coming up including the Asda Tickled Pink bucket collection on 2 and 3 October.
- Becoming the face of Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel! at your local store, inspiring all Asda staff and customers in that store to get involved in Asda Tickled Pink activities.
- Sharing breast awareness messaging and general charity updates with your Asda Community Champion and Asda customers, making sure that they are staying breast aware.
- Keeping in regular contact with your Asda Tickled Pink team at Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel! and letting them know about all the activities taking place at your Asda store.
What skills or qualities do I need?
- A willingness to learn about the Asda Tickled Pink partnership, and a commitment to let everyone at your local store know about Asda's work in support of breast cancer charities.
- The ability to inspire campaign activity and increase Asda colleagues' knowledge of the Tickled Pink charities, Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel!.
- Good communication, organisation and social skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Buckets of enthusiasm and a good sense of fun!
What do I get out of it?
- The opportunity to get involved in our work in your local area.
- The chance to meet new people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- All the training, guidance, support, and materials you need to help you be successful in your role.
- Expenses to cover travel and subsistence as agreed with the charity.
- Following completion of the online training in July, we would like all volunteers to be in role for a period of 3 months (August - October).
- Volunteers to visit their Asda store at least 4 times during this period, completing an average of 12 - 14 volunteer hours in total. Exact timings are flexible, designed to fit in with your lifestyle.
- Volunteers to be flexible to change depending on their Asda store and Asda Community Champion.
Want to get involved?
- For a list of participating Asda stores and to apply, please click here, and if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 077 1893.
- Recruitment for this role will include a short informal phone interview with a member of the Asda Tickled Pink Team at Breast Cancer Now, and completion of the e-learning training.
As part of your role as a Tickled Pink Volunteer, you will be fundraising for Asda Tickled Pink's charity partners, Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel!. All money raised will be divided at an 80/20 split to Breast Cancer Now and CoppaFeel! respectively.