£19k - 21k per year
almost 3 years ago
Advice and Support Officers
Croydon and Sutton
Full-time, Part-time £19,000-£21,000 Pro-rated
Temporary positions £9.74-£10.77 hourly temp rate
TPP’s client, a young homeless charity are looking for Advice and Support Officers for their Croydon and Sutton services.
Established over 35 years ago our client is a leader in providing support and accommodation across the South London area. Through a variety of schemes they deliver a range of safe and secure spaces for young people in need. In tandem with this work, our client promotes independence and living skills through training with the ultimate aim of helping every young person achieve their full potential.
In aid of this goal, our client is looking to recruit three Advice and Support Officers. The jobs themselves will involve a variety of different roles across a range of support services and some of the duties the successful candidates will undertake may involve:-
- Providing day-to-day direct advice and support to young people in receipt of services in order that service users gain appropriate life skills for independence and a sustainable move on.
- Providing group activities for young people which enhance Service Users’ experience and provide opportunities for engagement with services at all levels.
- Ensuring child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to and report any concerns as required under the legislation and relevant Local Authority Procedures.
- Making referrals to appropriate services, attend core groups, strategy meetings and case conferences as required.
- Participating with the development of new initiatives and schemes to meet the needs of service users.
- Developing networks and liaising with estates manager for Housing management issues, statutory and voluntary agencies with regards to meeting the service users’ support needs
- Participating in the selection and interviewing of service users/householders in accordance with our clients procedures.
- Ensuring the preparation of or preparing rooms for new service users and liaise with estate management where repairs; decorating and refurbishment for renewals are required.
- Welcoming and providing young people with instruction on the proper and safe use of the facilities and emergency equipment where required.
- Providing advice and support to service users with all their personal and financial support needs to ensure you give them their right to a better chance in life.
The successful candidate will have an NVQ in social care, youth work or Information Advice and Guidance or equivalent. Additionally, they will have demonstrable experience of engaging with vulnerable young people and a good knowledge of supported housing and homeless issues as well as previous experience relating to the aforementioned duties.
If you are interested in this role please apply by sending your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number J54592JD in the subject heading. Alternatively, feel free to call us on 0207 198 6070.
CV Closing and Interview Date: ASAP