City of London, London
Up to £15.93 per hour
4 months ago
Ongoing Temp role to start ASAP
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Salary £29k per annum - (temp hourly rate £15.93 plus holiday pay)
We are currently recruiting for 2 x ongoing Temp, Advice and information coaches to work for a Disability, Diversity and inclusion Membership organisation.
This Charity helps eliminate barriers in business structures and public sector that prevent disabled people from thriving and making their contribution to the world.
Main purpose of the role
To deliver high-quality advice to our customers and support the upskilling of the wider organisation's team on all aspects of disability inclusion and business management.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Advise our Members and Partners via the Advice Service, the key feature of the organisation's Membership and Partnership. This includes delivering excellent customer service and timely, accurate, and high-quality advice; and to contribute to ensuring the Service is covered between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Respond to queries and case management that comes in via the Advice Service contact channels (predominantly phone and email).
- Remain up to date with best practice for being disability-smart within commerce and business, Support the creation of resources for the Knowledge Hub
- Support the production of regular resources to the Knowledge Hub (typically one new resource per month from the Information and Advice team), which may include webinars and a hub of 'Frequently Asked Questions'.
Experience & Skills
- Advising on equality, diversity, and inclusion in a business environment.
- Advising business professionals on disability inclusion as it affects their business
- Working in a human resources environment, either as a generalist or specialist
- Advising on equalities related employee caseloads
- Breaking down complex information and ideas and communicate to different audiences in verbal and written form
- Confident communicator - including presenting to small groups of people, facilitating group sessions, webinars, and writing clear and information documents, emails, and presentations
- Analysing complex issues to then appropriately advise, equip and inform a customer
- Human resources (generalist) framework and processes (such as employment legislation and good working knowledge of formal employment procedures, for example performance, grievance, absence, and disciplinary) (A, & I).
- High level of understanding and knowledge of the Equality Act 2010
- Knowledge of disability related legislation in employment contexts
- Knowledge of disability related legislation in education, and consumer contexts recent knowledge of disability as it affects HR and wider business areas
- Knowledge of Current topical issues for businesses and business management
- Knowledge of wider diversity and equalities legislation and policy