over 1 year ago
Responsible to: Chair of the Adopter Advisory Board
Hours of work: A minimum of 8 per month
Duration: For a fixed period, dependent on contract agreement
Location: Home based, in or near the relevant region
Salary: Voluntary role, plus travel expenses
Main purpose of the job
- To collate views and feedback from networks of adopters across (typically) a Local Authority area, within a Regional Adoption Agency
- To attend quarterly meetings of the Adopter Advisory Board to represent adopters, discuss, debate and recommend actions based on a specified topic to inform and improve practice based on the lived experience of adopters
- To take part and represent Adopter Voice where able in RAA activities to promote inclusion and develop engagement, for example, fun days, preparation groups, Family Rambles, coffee mornings, support groups
- Each Champion submit a brief summary report, stating the most prevalent views of adopters collated and represent them at the AAB meetings for consideration and to be built into the final report from the Chair.
- Where additional Networking Champions join Adopter Voice for the RAA existing Champions need to provide a channel of communication and agree this method via the AAB.
For further information and to access the role description and application from please visit our website https://www.adoptionuk.org/jobs
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Anita Hart on 07824 449 309 or email@example.com