- Role: Administrative and Governance Officer
- Reporting to: Operations Director/Operations Manager/Board of Trustees Required Hours: 4-10 hours a week
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Some experience in a administrative role or as a company secretary,
- Minute taking experience is preferred,
- Good organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and think creatively to find solutions.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and good general IT skills.
- Experience with databases
Executive administrators are key in an organisation, responsible for keeping the company functioning smoothly. They do so by collaborating closely with senior management and performing several advanced administrative and managerial duties.
Roles and responsibilities
The primary focus of the role is to help the charity's trustee’s and senior management team perform their key duties, such as making decisions and obtaining the organisation's overarching goals. undertaking various clerical, managerial and administrative tasks.
Working as an executive administrator, you can take on a managerial role. This involves performing basic office duties.
Typically, such tasks include:
- managing schedules and calendars, attending meetings and taking minutes managing correspondence overseeing the budgets writing reports developing programmes coordinating travel plans and itineraries
This position usually performs several administrative tasks. These clerical efforts are essential because they help keep the management's work efficient. Common administrative duties include:
- preparing correspondence, booking appointments, preparing for meetings, conducting research answering phones and emails, maintaining the filing system communicating with management, executives, personnel, vendors and clients
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.