Reasonable travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
9 months ago
Liberty is one of the leading human rights organisations in the UK, aiming to protect civil liberties and promote human rights for everyone. We work in a variety of areas, including political campaigning, public awareness, test case litigation, and fundraising.
We are looking for someone who can provide administration support primarily to our Operations and Development teams.
The work in this volunteer role will therefore be varied and will change from one day to the next.
The types of task we need you to do are:
- Cover the reception area in Liberty’s office, helping to manage the switchboard and deal with visitors, suppliers etc
- Manage outgoing post
- Record and manage information and data entry
- Help to maintain a tidy and safe working environment
- Other administrative support across Operations, Development and other teams as needed
We want to recruit motivated and enthusiastic volunteers who are interested in the issues that Liberty deals with and who are keen to gain valuable experience within a well known civil liberties and human rights NGO. The characteristics we are looking for are:
- Hard working, reliable and committed to Liberty’s aims
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Appreciation of diversity and respect for others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective teamwork and commitment to providing a quality service
We are looking for volunteers to be available for one fixed day a week, for a period of 3 months, starting from the week beginning Monday 31st July 2017.
We will cover volunteers’ travel costs to and from the office (up to the cost of a day travel card for London zones 1-6), and a lunch allowance of £5.
How to apply
To apply, please download an application form from the Volunteering page of Liberty’s website (http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/about/volunteer/index.php), complete all the sections and return it via email to email@example.com.
Please note that all applications must be made using the standard application form: this also applies to the section of the form which details your previous experience, and your personal statement. Please do not just refer to a separate CV or cover letter in these sections, as your application may be rejected.
Please note that CVs and covering letters will not be considered as part of your application.
Liberty wants to ensure equality of opportunity in its employment policies and we continue to monitor our recruitment practices. We therefore invite applicants to complete our diversity monitoring form, which can be downloaded from the Volunteering section of Liberty’s website (address above) as part of your application. Any information you provide is treated in strictest confidence and is not included as part of the selection process. Completing the monitoring form is not obligatory.
Please double-check your application before you submit it. If you do not complete the application form as requested, then your application risks being excluded from short listing.
The deadline for completing and returning your application and monitoring forms is 12 noon on Wednesday 12th July 2017
Interviews will be held Tuesday 18th July 2017
There will be a training afternoon for successful applicants held on Tuesday 25th July 2017
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.