South West London, London
Up to £14.48 per hour
9 months ago
The role is an Administration and Advice Worker to manage Housing Benefit claims; ensure financial accounting systems are maintained and up to date; manage the assessment centre client database system; provide benefits advice to clients and Minute taking.
Experience in housing is essential and being fully up to date on benefit claims and housing benefit claims for homeless rough sleepers.
Cause: Homeless Charity - this role is not remote - The building has been fully Covid protected as much as possible as advised by the client
Role: Administration and Advice Worker
Location: South West London
Employment Type: 6 Months
Salary/rate: £14.48 an hour
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 35 Hours a week
ENHANCED DBS IS REQUIRED
Responsibilities of the role;
- To complete Housing benefit Claim forms for all clients staying at the Centre
- Manage the claims in liaison with project staff and the Housing Benefit Department, including sending letters and emails to best support the clients claim and maintain rental income for the project
- Manage the petty cash system and other financial accounting using excel spreadsheets
- Regularly update the client database system
- Providing advice and support to clients on benefits claims
- Taking minutes for the weekly team meeting
- In conjunction with your Line Manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Keep and maintain accurate casework records on the database working within relevant legislation and policies and procedures
- To contribute to the effective implementation of the organisation's Diversity and Equality Policy as it affects both the organisation and its work with vulnerable adults
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the organisation
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV.
If you know someone who is interested in this role please ask them to contact me directly. Please make sure they mention your referral, as we reward recommendations with if we find them a permanent job.
We look forward to hearing from you.