£26000 - £30000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A faith-based charity based in the heart of central London is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant for a full-time, permanent role. The role will involve processing the in-house payroll for around 50 staff, running the purchase ledger and processing banking payments.
- To process incoming invoices for payment, deal with supplier queries as necessary and reconcile supplier statements.
- To set up online bank payments and present all relevant documentation (including duly authorised invoices) to bank signatories for approval, as required
- To set up and process foreign currency payments
- To be responsible for a monthly payroll (using Sage payroll system), including pension auto-enrolment, taxation and National Insurance
- To make sure all payments to HMRC, the pension providers and other agencies are prompt, liaising with HMRC as necessary
- To be the pensions administrator responsible for pension record management, including liaison with the stake-holder pension provider as required.
- To record all incoming cheques and receipts (including importation of transactions from bank systems) and liaising with banks, as required.
- To be responsible for reconciling the main operational bank account on a daily basis (monthly for all other bank accounts)
- To be responsible for gift aid reclaims, retirement pensions and royalty receipts, as required
- To liaise with property managers, as required with respect to receipts and VAT recovery.
- To record Grants in a separate spreadsheet.
-Prior experience running an internal payroll for an organisation is essential
-Processing payment of supplier invoices and dealing with suppliers
-Inputting basic accounting transactions (e.g. purchase invoices) onto an accounting system
-Prior experience within charity finance desirable but not essential
-Great Plains & Sage Payroll desirable but not essential
-AAT or part-qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferred but not essential
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.