City of London, London
£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Are you a strong Accounts Clerk -credit controller currently seeking a new opportunity? Would you be interested in working for an interesting sustainable organisation who are also a social enterprise? Are you a confident accounts clerk - credit controller with one to two years recent commercial credit control experience? If so, read on
My client is a well-established social enterprise group doing some amazing work in the local community and are currently seeking a permanent credit controller to join their finance function of six based in their South London Head offices. You will be tasked with managing your own ledger of clients and collecting monies from various including commercial tenants and private citizens. Your duties will include:
- Collection of Commercial, tenant, nursery and other debt according to credit terms.
- Ensuring that credit control procedures are always followed.
- Reconciliation of sales ledgers and control accounts on a monthly basis to verify the accuracy of transactional interfaces.
- Provision of weekly financial information to the commercial team to ensure they are aware of any non-payment by tenants and clients.
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, management information on debtor balances, ageing and bad debt provisions for inclusion in the monthly management accounts pack.
- Daily banking of cash and cheque receipts to ensure that cash is not kept on the premises and is always accounted for.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly collection targets.
- Escalation, when necessary, to maintain good cash management for all companies within the Group.
- To verify and process for payment all commercial tenant, conference client and nursery deposits when due.
Please be aware that you will only be considered for this role if you have recent and detailed credit control experience of at least one year and it is clearly demonstrated on your CV. This is an urgent role so please keep this in mind when applying for this very exciting role.