£17588.00 - £26137.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, based in the City, has a need for an Academic Resources Assistant to join them on a permanent, full time basis. They offer hybrid working with 2-3 days in the office, 9am-5pm with flexible hours if preferred.
The aim of the timetabling team is to ensure that there is an efficient and economic level of utilisation of teaching resources across the University through the pro-active co-ordination of the timetabling and room booking activities to maximise the student learning experience.
- Supports the Faculty Academic Resource Officer (FARO) to deliver an effective and efficient timetable for their host Faculty/School and the University as a whole
- Works closely with academic and administrative staff that have a responsibility for timetabling, to obtain information regarding requirements for teaching space for both undergraduate and postgraduate timetabling each academic year
- Efficiently and effectively books teaching accommodation, working with CRTT staff within academic Faculties / Schools to ensure an efficient level of usage is achieved
- Responsible for ensuring resource information is correct and up to date, including modules, courses, staff, lecturers, rooms, equipment etc on CMIS
- Inputs data into the timetabling software system to produce course /module information
- Undertakes day-to-day responsibility for the management of timetables/accommodation requirements and rooms where necessary and appropriate.
- Co-ordinates the timetabling requirements of the undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the Faculty to ensure needs are met.
- Obtains and processes management information and statistics from the Faculty/ School and University timetabling systems to produce reports as required
- Qualified to Higher National Diploma standard, or equivalent
- Experience of routine clerical procedure and office systems.
- Previous experience of resources scheduling
- Experience of working in an educational administrative environment (desirable)
- Experience of working with complex database systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and email system
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in using Excel
- Good numeracy skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- An organised approach with excellent prioritisation working to deadlines and to defined timescales
Please apply today and we will review all CVs. Due to the high volume of applications we can not reply to each application. if you do not hear back from us within 5 working days then unfortunately your CV hasn't been shortlisted this time.
The client would like someone to start asap but will also wait for the right candidates on a months notice. Interviews will be scheduled as and when the client receives suitable CVs
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.