|Job Title||Word Up! - IT/Admin Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||26 Mar 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
Word Up! News is part of the Wandsworth Learning Difficulties Network (WLDN) Project at Wandsworth Care Alliance (WCA). WLDN is a network for people with learning difficulties, their carers and others with an interest in learning disabilities. The focus of Word Up! News is to be an online platform where people with learning difficulties and disabilities can make their voices heard and share information. Word Up! News has a website where people can access news, stories, pictures and information submitted by people with learning disabilities and other members of the community. Our target audience stretches beyond Wandsworth and London and accepts posts from anyone who has a learning difficulty, disability or an interest in learning disabilities.
We would like a volunteer to join us to support the regular update of the Word Up! News website, which is hosted by Wordpress.
The individual applying for this post will need to:
- Know their way around Wordpress and have personal experience of using Wordpress or be a professional Wordpress user.
- Be able to edit and upload content and information onto a website.
- Have excellent computer and communication skills.
Ongoing, but a minimum of 3 month commitment, for 1 day per week.
The WLDN Project Manager.
- Typing up and uploading articles and other information submitted to us by people with learning difficulties, and ensuring the information is easy to read.
- Adding appropriate and relevant images to go along with each article or story submitted.
- Contacting organisations or individuals to get their response on articles or stories submitted to us, and encourage their contributions to the website.
- Updating the Word Up! News Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Promoting Word Up! News via email, post and social networks.
- Seeking out relevant news stories from other publications that could be linked on the website.
- General website maintenance (e.g. removing spam and moderating comments).
- Uploading polls and questionnaires to the website.
- Working with the WLDN Project Manager on any Ad hoc duties when required.
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available for 1 day per week.
What will you get from volunteering with WCA?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with WCA to seek work in other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to help WCA make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the WCA Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from a supervisor;
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers' time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months;
- All supervision will be recorded; a formal supervision session will be held annually with the supervisor.
For more information about WCA, please visit our website on the following link: http://wca.btck.co.uk
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or call Delia Fitzsimmons on 020 8516 7766.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.