Thames Hospice is the local charity for people living in East Berkshire and South Buckinghamshire. We provide expert care to adults who have a life-limiting illness - and their families and carers.
We care for the physical, social and psychological needs of our patients, not just the condition. Our highly skilled medical team work with the patient and their families to develop a complete programme of care tailored to their individual needs.
We are looking for Champions to represent Thames Hospice by giving talks to groups in the local community and at cheque presentations. To generally support the fundraising team when a staff member cannot attend a function.
Represent the Hospice at cheque presentations or local events on behalf of the Charity and officially thanking donors and hosts for their support
Attend meeting of community groups such as Rotarians, Schools and Churches to deliver a talk to inspire them to support the Hospice
Identifying and developing potential fundraising opportunities within local groups
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Passion for the Hospice and a good knowledge of the services we offer
- Be outgoing and personable
- Have the ability to use your own initiative and work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and willing to get involved
- Be reliable
- Over 18
- The role requires a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which is repeated on a rolling 3 yearly basis.
- The role is also subject to satisfactory references and a trial period
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.thameshospice.org.uk/
Ref: EXPIRED - LF438 | Published: 04th Feb 2016