Thames Hospice is the local charity for people living in East Berkshire and South Buckinghamshire. We provide expert care to adults who have a life-limiting illness - and their families and carers.
We care for the physical, social and psychological needs of our patients, not just the condition. Our highly skilled medical team work with the patient and their families to develop a complete programme of care tailored to their individual needs.
We have a fantastic team of volunteers at Thames Hospice and we'd love for you to join us! It costs £7 million per year to run the Hospice; that's where our Ebay Assistants play a crucial part in enabling us to offer our services to patients and their families for free.
Ebay Assistants help us to raise funds in our Online Sales Department by carrying out a variety of interesting tasks. Volunteering is a fun and sociable way to put your skills to good use or learn new skills, all while making a massive difference to the lives of patients in your local area.
- Researching and identifying appropriate items for sale on our e-bay store
- Packing and posting customer parcels
- Customer service skills including dealing with questions and queries
- Copy writing article descriptions
- Creating listings on eBay
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Working with other teams on site including Distribution Centre and Home store staff and volunteers
We get some really fascinating and high end items donated so volunteering as a Ebay Assistant is a real treasure hunt!
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Good IT skills- Knowledge of how to ebay would be an advantage
- An interest in antiques and collectibles antiques and collectables would be useful but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team
You will be required to complete mandatory Health and Safety Training.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.thameshospice.org.uk/
Ref: EXPIRED - LF439 | Published: 04th Aug 2016