Why the RNLI needs this role
This role will help us save lives at sea by coordinating and supporting the work of local education volunteers and aligning it to RNLI education initiatives to help deliver water safety messages to young people.
Potential time commitment: Flexible
eam: Youth Education
Location: Home based with occasional travel regionally and opportunities to travel to RNLI HQ in Poole, Dorset
Responsible to: Youth Education Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Role Specific Requirements: Level 2 - RNLI Safeguarding Policy
- Expectation to comply with the Volunteer Commitment
- The initial point of contact for education volunteer presenters in the local area
- A visible regional champion for the Youth Education team
- Promote education resources and highlight opportunities within the local area
- The central point of contact in the area for the loan of RNLI resources
- Attend meetings with local RNLI representatives to promote the work of the education volunteer
Measures of Success
- An increase in RNLI engagement with young people
- Joint working with local RNLI representatives from fundraising, stations, lifeguards and coastal safety
- An increase in the use of RNLI education resources within the area
What you will get from this role
- Make a positive difference towards raising water safety awareness with young people
- Join a lively, motivated and dedicated team
- Gain valuable experience that will enhance your CV and set you apart in the job market
- Build on skills and experience within the charitable and education sectors
- Meet new people within your local community and the wider RNLI
- Gain charity sector contacts within a supportive environment
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses covered
The RNLI has set values as an organisation that we ask all our staff and volunteers to uphold:
- Selfless: Willing to put the requirements of others before our own and the needs of the team before the individual, able to see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of the RNLI. Inclusive and respectful of others. Prepared to share our expertise with organisations that share our aims.
- Dependable: Always available, committed to doing our part in saving lives with professionalism and expertise, continuously developing and improving. Working in and for the community and delivering on our promises.
- Trustworthy: Responsible, accountable and efficient in the use of the donations entrusted to us, managing our affairs with transparency, integrity and impartiality.
- Courageous: Prepared to achieve our aims in changing and challenging environments. We are innovative, adaptable and determined in our mission to save more lives at sea.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and comply with the RNLI Safeguarding Policy and Procedures to ensure the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Health and safety responsibilities
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of others with whom you volunteer, by reporting all potential and actual health and safety matters including accidents using the correct procedures.
To apply for this role, please go to https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/education-liaison-volunteer-west-leicestershire-210643.html
Closing date: 3rd May 2015
Ref: EXPIRED - LF011 | Published: 16th Feb 2015