Assistant Director of Fundraising Operations – 6 month fixed term contract
TPP are currently recruiting on behalf of a national charity who are seeking an Assistant Director of Fundraising Operations. This role will be reporting into the Fundraising Director and will be overseeing the operational aspects of four departments. The salary for the post will be £67,452 pro rata.
The main responsibility will be to define, manage and develop the operations functions within the departments that support fundraising. The four departments / teams you will oversee are;
- Data, Insight and Planning department
- The Fundraising Supporter Care team
- The Fundraising Compliance Team
- Fundraising Operations Team
Duties and responsibilities;
- Developing an overall Fundraising Operations Strategy which supports the delivery what our fundraising team are trying to achieve
- Producing the annual activity plan and budget to support the delivery of the strategy and for the regular reporting against these
- Defining and publishing clear and well understood end to end processes for Fundraising Operations which define the activities, responsibilities and interdependencies
- Supporting the Fundraising Managers in other departments in their proactive management of key partners such as direct marketing agencies, telemarketing agencies, door to door agencies, print production agencies, list buying agencies, inbound phone agencies etc.
- To support the Head of Data, Insight and Development in working with the other Assistant Directors and Heads of department across Fundraising to ensure the development of :
- A balanced and prioritised portfolio of products targeted at specific audience groups along with the review and refinement of existing products.
- Strategies to increase our income across all audience groups including supporter acquisition, retention and cross-sell.
- Maximising our Gift Aid income whilst fully meeting the regulations and requirements
- Develop and maintain an expert working knowledge of the current Charities Act and Data Protection Act (1998) and to ensure that the Acts are adhered to across all of Fundraising.
- Responsible for HR issues within the Fundraising Operations teams
- To abide and adhere to our procurement policy and practices, ensuring best practice is adhered to with the overall spend.
- Play an active role in the overall development of the Fundraising Division
- Effectively managing all data relating to our supporters, ensuring that we adhere to all legal and regulatory requirements
- Help make sure our Fundraising Operations processes are well defined and understood by team members and colleagues with clear responsibilities
- To make sure the fundraising operations are delivered with great quality, efficiency and value for money
- Make sure we systematically capture qualitative and quantitative data and feedback from our supporters and that these are constantly used to inform and drive our decision making
- Help undertake analysis of data relating to all aspects of our fundraising activity and use the insights gained to drive forward Fundraising’s development of our audiences, products and channels to support our strategy of diversification and growth, developing a broad portfolio of sustainable income streams
- Make sure we proactively manage our partnerships with external parties; particularly direct marketing and fulfilment agencies, to ensure all these activities not only meet the standards required by regulation and the best practice guidelines from the sector but also the particular additional requirements of the organisation and our values
Knowledge and Experience required;
- Running operations to support sales, marketing or fundraising functions
- Successfully working with third parties through SLAs, contracts and partnership working
- Delivering benefit and value through process mapping and improvement programmes
- Leading and working in cross organisational teams delivering organisation wide benefits
- Managing and effectively delivering programmes with multiple work streams
- Significant experience of managing diverse teams and project teams
- Managing a budget of circa £1 million expenditure
- To both think strategically, creating long term development plans, whilst also able to meeting significant, immediate operational demands
- Working with Fundraising Operations functions
Assistant Director of Fundraising Operations
£67,452 pro rata
Fixed term contract
Reference number 54726RO
Ref: EXPIRED - 54726RO | Published: 02th Feb 2016